INGREDIENTS – SERVES 4:
- 250g smoked lardons (from the chiller cabinet).
- 3 Honeycrunch apples
- 175g mixed salad leaves
- 300g fresh goat’s cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp Liège Syrup.
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts.
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
Cut a 7-10cm diameter circle from each slice of bread (you could use a glass as a guide)
Toast in a toaster. Spread each toast circle with Liège Syrup, using half the syrup.
Peel and dice the HONEYCRUNCH
Arrange the salad leaves on plates.
Répartissez la salade sur les assiettes.
To Cook (10 mins)
1. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and fry the apples for around 2 mins, stirring gently. Add the remaining half of the Liège Syrup and mix well.
2. Divide the goat’s cheese into slices of around 1.5cm and spread over the toasts. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200 °C for 4-5 mins. Meanwhile, keep the cooked diced apple warm in the oven.
3. Fry the lardons in the same pan as the apples.
4. Place the cheese-topped toasts onto plates and top with a few fried lardons. Arrange the remaining fried lardons, the apples and some mixed nuts around the toasts.
5. Deglaze the lardon pan with the red wine vinegar and drizzle over the plates.